925 E. Wells St.
Meat packer and philanthropist Patrick Cudahy built the south
portion of the building as apartments in 1909. His sons added
the taller northern half in 1929. The buildings are made of white marble,
glazed brick and terra cotta. The original portion was called
"Buena Vista Flats," and was designed by Ferry & Clas. The
sons' portion was designed by Holabird & Root of Chicago.