This limestone and brick building served as the general office,
central car house, and terminal station for
The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company (TMER&L).
The cast bronze entrance features two medallions showing a horse-drawn
streetcar and an electric car. The original 4-story building, designed
by Herman J. Esser, had a fifth floor added in 1926. Originally, a street
car tunnel went through the building.