This structure was built over many years for several purposes.
Originally it was a residence, built for David Hull, blocking
the northward extension of Juneau Place (a long-gone street
paralleling the bluff through what is now Juneau Park).
In 1869 it became the Protestant Orphan Asylum which made
many additions. In 1930 a developer connected all of the buildings
into today's apartment complex.