Benjamin Church Residence
Estabrook Park (Shorewood)
1844

This frame house formerly stood at 1533 N. 4th St., between Cherry and Galena streets. It is the finest remaining example of the Greek Revival style. It was moved to the present site in 1938. The house was built of hewn timbers and cream city brick by Mr. Church, a pioneer builder and carpenter.